Many people think that solar roofing installations and solar panels are just too expensive for them. But with reduced ownership costs and the advancement of technology, calling a Bay Area solar company to have solar tiles installed on your roof is now more affordable than ever. There’s also the option of leasing panels at 0% down-payment and at a fixed payment rate.
Which one is best? Should you lease, or should you buy solar panels outright?
Buying Solar Panels
Cost of Installation
Cash rebates can potentially reduce the overall price of a PV system by up to 50%. Bay Area residents and companies can opt to pay everything now or roll down the system price using mortgage or credit lines.
Homeowners are tasked with maintenance. Panels come with warranties and stand the test of time, so you don’t need to worry about constant maintenance.
Save up to 70% on total electricity costs as long as your solar panel system remains operational. Free electricity for up to 30 years. The homeowner gets all the energy and tax credits and tax incentives.
Leasing Solar Panels
Cost of Installation
Homeowners can opt for a low money or zero down-payment to get East Bay solar tiles installed on their homes. The rebates and tax credits will go to the 3rd party owner of the PV system.
You don’t have to do anything for maintenance. The 3rd party owner is the one responsible for keeping the system operational. You get a free app for checking on the status of the solar panel system.
Save up to 30% on total electricity costs on your energy bills.
Buying VS. Leasing Solar Roofing Installations
It may look like buying is the winner in the comparison, but it all entirely depends on financial decisions such as cost, return of investment, opportunities for financial offsets and more.
Buy Solar Panels…
– If you wish to increase your property’s market value immensely.
– If you are eligible to get a state and federal tax reduction via federal investment tax credit.
– If you wish to gain the maximum return of investment and not just save some money in the long run.
Lease Solar Panels…
– If you wish to save money on electricity costs but do not have the financial backing to own a PV system.
– If you are renting or planning to sell your property.
– If you want to receive immediate tax credits.
– If you want to save money on energy bills but do not want the maintenance hassles of owning a solar-powered system.
Save on energy costs with solar roofing installations by Century Roof & Solar
Century Roof & Solar installs both private and commercial solar systems and have worked with everything from standard housing solar roofing installations to large scale facility solar integrations. If you are interested in solar roofing, call Century Roof & Solar today at (888) 233-7548 or send us an email.