Hundreds of Bay Area homeowners across the United States are adding solar panels to their homes to tap the sun’s energy. And it can be a smart investment with rising electric rates from PG&E. In addition, in California all new construction of single-family residences and multi-family residences up to three stories high must include a solar power system. Because solar panel installation is an important investment, it is important to choose an expert Bay Area solar panel contractor to do the installation reliably to maximize performance.
Why are Solar Panels Appealing to Bay Area Homeowners?
The primary appeal for homeowners is to save money each month on energy costs, and by avoiding rising energy costs. Additionally, solar power is environmentally friendly. Having solar panels on a home’s roof improves the value of a home and its salability. Solar panels are tough and long-lasting. They maximize grid security when there is a loss of power in the traditional electrical grid. A professional Hayward Solar company can provide solar panels to meet your needs.
How to Compare Solar Panels When Choosing a Solar System for Your Bay Area Home
Focus on five key factors to compare solar panels when buying a system for your home:
- Efficiency Rating: The measure of the panel’s ability to convert sunlight into electricity. Smaller and more efficient panels are preferred over larger, less efficient panels, depending on power needs and budget.
- Power rating: This measure indicates the solar panel’s power output in terms of wattage.
- Temperature coefficient: This is the measure of how much a panel’s production is reduced in hot or cold temperatures.
- Rate of degradation: This is a measure of how solar power output declines over time.
- Materials or equipment warranty: A solar panel manufacturer’s warranty protects you against manufacturing defects. The best warranties offered are for 25 years. A good manufacturer will stand strongly behind its solar panels.
According to many sources, SunPower, LG, and Panasonic are among the best solar panel manufacturers due to their high-efficiency ratings, competitive pricing, and 25-year warranties. Century Roof and Solar is a SunPower solar contractor.
How to Choose a Solar Contractor
Among solar system installers, it is important to choose one that is certified and has a lot of experience. Seasoned contractors will help you decide which system is best, and have the skills to install the system properly. Choose a certified roofing and solar contractor to configure, install, inspect, and maintain the system.
Our founder, Tony Diaz, is a certified roofer and has served as a solar installation instructor for Solar Energy International since 2008. He knows more about solar systems than any other Bay Area solar contractor! Century is also a qualified East Bay solar panel repair service. Let us know if your solar system installer has disappeared and you need your system serviced!
Choose a Professional Bay Area Solar Panel Contractor for Reliable Solar Power
Contact Century Roof and Solar, based in Hayward, CA for your roofing and solar energy solutions. Since 1996, Century Roof and Solar has served the bay area as the premier residential solar panel systems provider. Our company works with solar battery backup systems.