Bay Area Solar Solutions for Heating
You’ve been investigating solar roofing and solar tiles, because you’ve heard that homeowners can potentially save a lot of money (and time) by “going solar.” Most homeowners – even up here in Bay Area – still use traditional methods for heating their water and their homes. Thanks to rapid improvements in solar technology — coinciding with the advent of an unstable traditional energy market — more and more consumers are turning to solar to solve their heating problems.
Here are a few reasons why:
- When you add solar tiles to your home, you can amortize the cost of the investment over years, if not decades. The installation can pay for itself and then some, given enough time.
- You can reduce your dependency on “the grid”;
- Going “solar” is good for society because it contributes to reducing our collective carbon footprint and energy consumption;
- Some people may qualify for rebates and tax incentives for heating their homes or businesses with solar;
- Reduced risk — special investment programs have radically reduced how much money homeowners need to invest to get started with solar;
- Adding solar capacity in your home can improve the resale value of the property;
- Adding a solar power component can reduce your risk of losing power, if the grid exceeds its capacity.