Solar power has become dramatically more popular in the last 10 years. When you are considering solar power for your home or business energy needs, contact a professional Bay Area solar system contractor for advice and assistance.
What Are the Benefits of Solar Power?
A certified East Bay solar installation service can help you learn about the benefits of residential solar energy generation:
- Significant savings on your energy bill. Residents of California who adopt solar energy can save as much as $99,000 in energy costs over the life of their solar system installation.
- Protection against continually rising power costs.
- Environmentally friendly power generation. Solar energy generated by your system does not produce any greenhouse gas emissions.
- A source of extra income by selling excess energy to the local utility if your output spins your meter backwards.
- Reliable and independent energy by not being dependent on the traditional electric grid.
There are two options for installing solar energy: Solar tiles and solar panels.
How Are Solar Tiles and Solar Panels Different?
Solar tiles work just like solar panels, but they are made to look like traditional roof tiles.
The Advantages of Solar Tiles:
- Sleek and subtle looking
- Low maintenance: They have no moving parts, so tile maintenance is simple
- Ideal for a listed property or property within a conservation area
- More durable than panels—highly impact-resistant when hail strikes or when storms get raging
The Disadvantages of Solar Tiles:
- More expensive, generally costing more than twice what solar panels cost
- Lower in energy efficiency compared to solar panels
- Limited compatibility with an existing roof, generally requiring replacing all roof tiles. But perfect for anyone installing a new roof!
The Advantages of Solar Panels:
- Low maintenance. They have no moving parts, so panel maintenance is simple
- Less expensive than solar tiles
- Still provide an increase in property value
- More energy efficient that solar tiles
The Disadvantages of Solar Panels:
- Less attractive than solar tiles (lower “curb appeal”)
Why Choose a Certified Bay Area Solar System Contractor?
You’ll want to choose a certified solar system contractor, an experienced Hayward solar company, because they will be licensed and insured, will have experience and a proven track record, will provide workmanship guarantees, and will be a trusted advisor to help you choose the right solar roofing materials and design.
Choose a Professional Bay Area Solar System Contactor for Reliable Solar Power
Contact Century Roof and Solar, based in Hayward, CA for your roofing and solar energy solutions. Since 1996, Century Roof and Solar has served the bay area as the premier residential solar panel systems provider. Our company works with on and off-grid battery back-up systems.